My brother is facing 7 counts of production of pornography in Nevada

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

The state declined now to prosecute and I'm sure it's because the photos do NOT meet the definition of pornography because the kid was goofing around and mooning the photographer and his parent was present at the shoot! The Feds have taken the case and say they will offer a pre indictment plea of 15 years! This is crazy, my brother has no record, NONE, a speeding ticket and that's it. He has turned over a computer he uses for work with 500,000 plus images of his photo work of which none are pornographic. Is it better to let them indict and go to trial to prove his innocence or go to prison for 15 years for something he did NOT do?

1. David R. Fischer

Pro

2

Answered . There are no easy answers to this. You should hire counsel innediately.

2. William Berry Palmer

2

Answered . My advice would be hire an attorney and fight this!

3. Thomas D. Boley

1

Answered . You need a lawyer ASAP, with experience in Federal Criminal Defense.

4. Brian J Smith

Answered . Cases of this type carry minimum mandatory sentences in the federal system, and it is more likely that the State did not prosecute because the US Attorney wanted the case, rather than the photos not being pornographic by definition.
    What the other lawyers said is correct. Hire the best attorney you can.

5. Jonathan David Marx

Answered . My suggestion is that he retain an experienced criminal defense attorney at once to determine his best course of action, there are too many facts needed to provide an accurate answer on this type forum, best of luck.