My brother is currently on trial and my question is this the lawyer that he is representing him at the time is a public defender

Asked over 1 year ago - Highland, CA

This public defender represented a man that was convicted of many crimes against me exactly one year ago he is currently serving his life sentence. My brothers lawyer does not seem to be doing his job and we would like to know if this would be considered a comflict of interest in the state of California?

1. Shawn Michael Haggerty

12

Answered . It is not a conflict anywhere in America. Good luck out there in San Berdoo

2. Jeffrey George Moore

12

Answered . Nope.

3. Bryan Andrew Lober

11

Best Answer

Answered . This wouldn't be a conflict in Florida. What, specifically, makes you feel as though it constitutes a conflict of interest?

4. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

11

Answered . I don't see the connection between you as victim and you as current defendant's brother.

Have him hire a lawyer to analyze his case and get a close opinion.

5. Frank Mascagni III

9

Answered . If the question is a lawyer represents his client in a criminal case having previously represented a defendant who was prosecuted by the state one year earlier that involved his client's sister as a state's witness, is that a conflict of interest in his current representation?

I do not think that is a conflict of interest, in my opinion.

6. Keith G Langer

8

1

Answered . I see no conflict in the situation as you state it.

If your brother is unhappy with his attorney, he can seek new counsel.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.