My brother is charged with felony assault, they charged him with 30yrs in prison. Can he apeal, what would be the outcome

Pampa, TX |

The man he assaulted , went to his house mad at 1:00am in the morning kicking the door screaming that he wanted to kick some ass to the Mexicans that lived there for having his girlfriend there and her purse

If he went to trial and lost, he can certainly appeal. What the outcome would be depends on the issues he has on appeal.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

If your brother has been convicted, he has the right to appeal, within certain time limits and success would be based on appealable issues preserved during trial. If he has just been charged, he needs an attorney now! He can take advantage of free-consultations--you will be limited in what can be discussed with you personally.

I read your past as saying that your brother was charged and convicted of assault, he received 30 years in prison. Your questions are: can he appeal and what would the result be?
He can probably appeal. Your post does not say how he was convicted. If by plea [he said no contest or guilty], he may not be able to appeal. The outcome is impossible to guess .

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.