Skip to main content

My brother is being charged with eight felony counts ranging from d.v child abuse assault w deadly weapon dui evanding police .:

Lancaster, CA |

He is on probation and a joint suspension, is it worth getting a lawyer.they are not offering anything .

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Your brother should absolutely be represented by an attorney. You do not list all the felonies. Given what you have listed these are serious felonies. You have indicated they are not offering anything. I would be surprised if your brother does not have a Public Defender. The fact that the DA is not willing to make an offer is an indication of the seriousness of the case. This is not the sort of matter that he should be representing himself on. You also indicate that he is on probation. On top of these charges there is the probation violation to address.

    Either you or your brother should be interviewing attorneys. You want to hire someone who is experienced with handling felonies and trying felony cases.

  2. Your brother absolutely needs the best criminal defense attorney you and he can afford. These are very serious matters that are complicated by a potential motion to revoke his probated sentence. Get counsel ASAP!

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  3. As the others have suggested, yes he needs to hire someone who will fight for him. Yes, it will be expensive but, isn't his freedom worth it? A good attorney might be able to cut his prison time exposure in half.

    I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at

  4. Your brother needs good legal representation and quickly. You stated that in addition to the serious felony charges he is facing, he is on probation and has a joint suspension. That means that they could dismiss the current charges, violate his probation and send him off to prison if they so chose. Best thing to do is consult with one or two criminal defense attorneys. Many offer free consultations or charge a minimal amount. You would get some general information and have a better idea on how to proceed.

Violent crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics