My brother is being charged with eight felony counts ranging from d.v child abuse assault w deadly weapon dui evanding police .:

Asked over 1 year ago - Lancaster, CA

He is on probation and a joint suspension, is it worth getting a lawyer.they are not offering anything .

1. Maltaise E Cini

14

Answered . Your brother should absolutely be represented by an attorney. You do not list all the felonies. Given what you have listed these are serious felonies. You have indicated they are not offering anything. I would be surprised if your brother does not have a Public Defender. The fact that the DA is not willing to make an offer is an indication of the seriousness of the case. This is not the sort of matter that he should be representing himself on. You also indicate that he is on probation. On top of these charges there is the probation violation to address.

Either you or your brother should be interviewing attorneys. You want to hire someone who is experienced with handling felonies and trying felony cases.

2. Joseph Salvatore Farina

10

Answered . Your brother needs good legal representation and quickly. You stated that in addition to the serious felony charges he is facing, he is on probation and has a joint suspension. That means that they could dismiss the current charges, violate his probation and send him off to prison if they so chose. Best thing to do is consult with one or two criminal defense attorneys. Many offer free consultations or charge a minimal amount. You would get some general information and have a better idea on how to proceed.

3. William Peter Daley

9

Answered . As the others have suggested, yes he needs to hire someone who will fight for him. Yes, it will be expensive but, isn't his freedom worth it? A good attorney might be able to cut his prison time exposure in half.

4. Frank Mascagni III

10

Answered . Your brother absolutely needs the best criminal defense attorney you and he can afford. These are very serious matters that are complicated by a potential motion to revoke his probated sentence. Get counsel ASAP!