My brother is a felon on parole he was caught with a loaded gun and heroin during a traffic stop in September 2013.

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

The police arrested him and he sat in jail for roughly nine days. He was released with no bail or court date to return, no P.O revocation or anything. A few months later maybe three months the police raid my mom's house looking for drugs and my brother, however they didn't find anything. meanwhile a few of his friends that he ran with in the streets homes also get raided and three arrest were made because they found drugs in those other homes. Now all of a sudden the feds issue a warrant and want to bring back the old gun and dope charges that they let him go for in September. Why is that. Is my bro a C.I

1. Judy A. Goldstein

10

1

Answered . We have no way of knowing if your brother is a CI, or why the police let him go in September but you are putting him in danger (from the police or other criminals) by publishing details in this very public forum. Perhaps the police wanted to follow your brother and arrest others with whom he associates. Your brother is in serious trouble. He needs a lawyer and he needs his family members and friends to stop talking in public about his case.

2. Elizabeth Marie Vonau

Pro

9

1

Answered . If a local police investigation crosses paths with a federal investigation local charges may be dropped. Then the feds pick the case up later after they have surveiled their suspects and obtained additional evidence. Maybe he was a CI or maybe he was just used by the feds to further their investigation without even knowing it. Take attorney Goldstein's advice and do not discuss this further.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

6

Answered . Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

4. Melissa I. Smejkal

5

Answered . Impossible to say.

5. Stephen F Wallace

5

Answered . Maybe the old guna and dope were originally state charges? We do not know if he is a CI.

6. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

3

Answered . C.I. means Confidential Informant. Enough said. Speculation is easy, verification is difficult.