My brother in-law was arrested by ICE and i am wondering if there is anything i can do to get him out faster.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chester, UT

ICE told him they were looking for someone else and when he said it was not him they checked his id and took him that night. What can I do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Probably found out he was illegal and took him in. Hire him e best immigration lawyer money can buy, fast! Before its too late..

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Mark Monaco

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to hire an immigration attorney. He can contact the ICE officer in charge of your brother in law's case and see if ICE is willing to accept a bond. If your brother in law has a way to apply for legal status in immigration court and has dependents in the US, there is a very good chance ICE will agree to release him on bond.

    This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is for informational purposes only. Before... more
  3. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on the underlying reason for them holding your brother-in-law. The first step is for you to hire a lawyer. The second step is for you and your lawyer to determine the basis for the hold. Then your lawyer can request a bond with ICE or if ICE refuses then he/she can file a motion for bond redetermination with the immigration judge.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Immigration detention

The United States can detain (hold) a foreigner for a number of reasons, from suspected immigration infractions to criminal offenses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,091 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,091 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering