My brother in law has an immigration hold is there any way he can stay here and not get deported

he was arrested last year because he trethened his wife and was convited of a felony. he was deported and tried croosing and was caught by border patrol and they transferred him to ail because since he was deported he was not able to appear to court the day after his realease for probation so there was an order for his arrest which is why he is in jail has an immigration hold is there anyhting we can do his sentence is almost over

1. Whether or not there is anything that can be done to keep your brother in law from being deported again is an issue that needs to be discussed with an experienced immigration attorney prior to his release from custody. Although any of us in the criminal defense arena can certainly speculate what his options are, his situation is not one that should be left to speculation. Make contact with an immigration attorney immediately!

2. There is a good chance that he is permanently barred from the US.

He/you need to meet with an immigration lawyer ... immediately.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. He is likely permanently barred from staying in the US.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.