My brother from Belgium and his mother from Brazil are visiting Canada. They both have US B2 visas, can I bring them to USA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

My brother with a Belgian passport and his mother from Brazil have been travelling in California for 2-3 months (Nov-Jan). They are going back to Brazil now for family reasons (sick grandmother), but they want to go to visit friends in Vancouver, Canada soon. Then, I want to go pick them up and bring them here to Seattle for a day or two.

Are there any issues with me picking them up in Canada and then driving back over the border to Seattle to stay for a few days? Do they have to travel by plane to get into the USA? Is it likely that they will be denied entry at the US-Canada border even with valid B2 visas since they were just in the country last month?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

9

Answered . They should not have any problems. Just follow the advice of attorneys who provided answers to your question!

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

5

1

Answered . will depend on the CBP officer, if driving, be prepared to spend some time at inspections, but it may go very fast and smooth

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Eric Elliot Ludin

5

1

Answered . No, I do not see a problem unless they have been spending significantly more time in the US than you stated above. WIth a B2 visa, they can come to the US (across any border) for up to 6 months at a time. The problem we see is when a person comes on a b2 visa, leaves at 6 months, then returns shortly thereafter for another long period of time appearing to have immigrant intent.

4. Carlos Andres Lopez

3

1

Answered . I would like to add that they should take any documentaiton showing their stay in the United States will be brief (ticket to Brazil already in hand and bought, showing when they plan on leaving). Good luck!

5. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . A person from Brazil needs a visa to come to the U.S. If they do not have the required admission document, you cannot try to bring them into the U.S. by car, nor plane.