My brother died last March, other brother went to Las Vegas and cleaned out apt. Found a lawyer and started the legal process.

There was no will my older brother asked through the Vegas lawyer that I receive nothing because I was not close to him and the family. The attorneys office said if I would not sign The paper to eliminate myself I would receive half. She did the paperwork and sent to my brother in Mi, as of 12/072012 he had not responded. She emailed she would call him and let me know, have heard nothing. Called the office she is not in and the attorney would.n't talk with me. Secretary said she is handling it and I should talk with her? should I be concerned? Is there something I should be doing?

Beechgrove, TN -

Edwin Arnold Anderson

Edwin Arnold Anderson

Probate Attorney - Knoxville, TN

Get yourself a lawyer in Las Vegas. Pronto.

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Probate Attorney - Livonia, MI

You have a complex situation and you should speak with a Nevada attorney if you are concerned about where things stand. If your brother is acting as executor, then the attorney represents HIM and may or may not be willing/able, to advise YOU. Without knowing what paperwork was sent to your brother, it is impossible to give you any additional guidance.

James Frederick

Jonathan Craig Reed

Jonathan Craig Reed

Probate Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

I am not sure what you mean by "started the legal process." If an estate has been opened up for your brother that can be found out in a minute by going on line. You should be getting copies of anything filed in court. The lawyer's secretary can't be technically "handling" the estate because she doesn't have a law license, but you might as well find out what she says. And, yes, you should contract a Las Vegas lawyer for a phone consult to determine if you need to have your own lawyer.