Skip to main content

My brother and I were exposed to dangerous chemicals on a Federal Superfund site, I nearly died, my brother died. What can I do?

Chino Hills, CA |

An PI Attorney by the name Jeanne herd about my problem and asked if they could represent me, her boss Herb had a conflict of interest and arranged for Jeanne to quit her job, drop my PI case by arranging a good job for her husband Mark that was unemployed. Lucy, the WC attorney that was her associate quit her job and received a job from my employer to represent them, and worked against my WC case allowing Earnest, a Doctor with a congressional metal of honor state that my problem was Lactose deficiency. My Union allowed this to happen after they received Federal funds to provide more work to ARCA contractors. I was retaliated yearly by unemployment since I will not drop my WC lawsuit. I want my life back, my brother and I were a team and now financially ruined so Herb could be a hero.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Ask Herb for you file and have it reviewed by a toxic tort attorney. Look right her for another attorney
Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Regretfully, you need an in person consultation. Good luck but there is very little that can be done for you with the facts.


I would suggest that you contact a personal injury attorney in your area (Chino Hills) and sit down with that attorney and decide whether you have a case or not. There undoubtedly is a statute of limitations (period you must file a lawsuit during) and you have not indicated how long ago this occured. Good luck with your case.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I have been licensed to practice law in California since 1978. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


A few questions are needed, i.e. when did it happen, what chemicals were involved, who was in charge of the cleaning site, is this a worker's comp injury, has teh case settled, what remedies are after? Is there a thrid party involved? Thank you for considering these questions. best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., aka El Abogado de Divocios de California: 510-206-4492. It is of a general context and is not intended to form an attorney client relationship. I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on divorce, family matters, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Bancarrotas, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Bancarrotas de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


I am terribly sorry for your loss. I would recommend that you contact a local personal injury attorney immediately to discuss a strategy to receive the compensation you deserve.


Go see a personal lawyer promptly.

This post does not imply or constitute an attorney-client relationship. Time sensitive information should never be sent to the Law Firm via e mail or website. We offer no opinion on any applicable statute of limitation. Consult an attorney immediately.


This is definitely one of those cases where a phone consultation would help out. Its a long story, which needs a detailed response.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752.


Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer