My brother who lived in new york died leaving several guns gifted to his nephews under his will i also live in New York.

Asked over 1 year ago - Orangeburg, NY

What I shouldI do as executor. Some of the beneficiaries are under 21.

1. Daniel Alexander Jimenez

9

Answered . As previously answered there can be issues when testamentary gifts include rifles, shotguns and pistols. You need to check local licensing regulations to make sure that this is done correctly. Your local police precinct would be a good first stop. Also keep in mind that shipping weapons is very complicated. You should consult with a local gunshop or gunsmith to discuss the proper way to ship them.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . I'm not sure guns can simply be turned over to someone; they have to be licensed. I suggest you call the gun licensing unit of your local police department.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . I assume that if you are appointed by the court as an executor that you have an attorney-if not-you need one. let your attorney advise you through this process.
    Many issues to deal with-minors,felons, registration etc.