My Bro in law plans on traveling to Germany, He has an open DUI Bench (no accident or injuries) warrant in Philadelphia.

Mount Holly, NJ |

My Bro in law plans on traveling to Germany, He has an open DUI Bench warrant(no accident or injuries) in Philadelphia. I have learned in this forum that if he were stopped in his neighboring state for any reason he most probably would not be extradited to Philadelphia due to cost etc. But how about traveling abroad. Could he be stopped at the gate and told he could not take his trip. Thanks

He could be stopped at customs coming back in and detained on the warrant.

When he doesn't show up to the scheduled court appearance in Pa, the court will usually issue a warrant for his arrest. He will be detained and arrested at any time after this.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Yes. It is not uncommon for americans to be arrested on active warrants when they go through customs. He needs to stop avoiding the issue and hire an attorney to handle this for him.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI