My Bro in law plans on traveling to Germany, He has an open DUI Bench (no accident or injuries) warrant in Philadelphia.

Asked over 1 year ago - Mount Holly, NJ

My Bro in law plans on traveling to Germany, He has an open DUI Bench warrant(no accident or injuries) in Philadelphia. I have learned in this forum that if he were stopped in his neighboring state for any reason he most probably would not be extradited to Philadelphia due to cost etc. But how about traveling abroad. Could he be stopped at the gate and told he could not take his trip. Thanks

1. Mark M Cheser

Pro

5

Answered . He could be stopped at customs coming back in and detained on the warrant.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

4

Answered . When he doesn't show up to the scheduled court appearance in Pa, the court will usually issue a warrant for his arrest. He will be detained and arrested at any time after this.

3. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . Yes. It is not uncommon for americans to be arrested on active warrants when they go through customs. He needs to stop avoiding the issue and hire an attorney to handle this for him.