My boys are 10 and 5. I am moving to another state. Will I be able to have my kids visit me every summer and on some holidays

Asked over 3 years ago - Spokane, WA

My soon to be ex wife is not agreeing with this. She is saying only 2 weeks a summer but I would like them all summer and every other thanksgiving and every other christmas. She doesnt think that is healthy for the kids but I know my kids would love to come and see me. I have always been there for them. The only reason I am moving is for work, I have been off and on unemployment for the past three years

1. Andrew Y. Kim

Answered . You will certainly have some summer vacation time and holidays. It's just a question of how much time and if you and your wife cannot agree, you will need to reach an agreement in mediation before trial or the court will decide for you after trial.

2. Yevgeny Jack Berner

Pro

Answered . You say soon to be ex wife. When is your trial date? You state you and your wife do not agree re: the parenting plan so I take it there's gonna be a trial to resolve the dispute? What about mediation? I recommend you confer with an experienced divorce attorney in your area a.s.a.p. about all this.

Jack Berner

3. Glenn E. Tanner

Answered . Typically, you would have more time than what your wife is thinking, plus the ability to visit if you are able to make it back to Spokane. I would start with asking for most of summer, and the three day holidays during school year, all of spring break and half of winter. Good luck. - Glenn