My boyfriends is in jail and is getting deported. is there something i can do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

When he was 15 he entered illegally and they had caught him but since he was underage they put him in a detention center for minors and then released him to his mom he had court and had voluntary departure but he didn't leave and he continue to live here and now 3 years later they caught him and hes getting deported . he has no court no nothing just straight for deportation . Is there anything i can do since he came in at a very early age ? ?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

10

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Mani Khavajian

4

Answered . He may be eligible for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. Has your boyfriend ever been convicted of a crime? Did he graduate from high school, a GED or is he still in school. How old is he?

He may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if he:

Was under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;

Came to the United States before reaching his 16th birthday;

Has continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;

Was physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making his request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;

Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or his lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;

Is currently in school, has graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, has obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or is an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and

Has not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
  3. Gintare Grigaite

3

Answered . The best thing you can do now is have a formal consultation with an experienced immigration attorney in the area as soon as possible.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . Consult with an attorney as soon as possible