My boyfriends divorce trial ended w/ him paying 4k a mo. In alimony for 8 yrs.We just had a baby. Good reason for a reduction?

Asked about 1 year ago - Nashua, NH

The marriage lasted 27 years he worked his Butt off and she outright refused to lift a finger. They have 2 adult daughters of whom she had testify at divorce trial, disgusting if you ask me. Anyway he makes 190,000 a year plus gets a bonus (some years) and fettered stock * court used both to come up w/ a gross yearly amt. She actually went and got a job making 32,000 a year since separation. Anyways in final decree he got 40% of 401k her 60% She got one of the family homes w/ 85k equity and he the other w/ 50k in equity. The debt he has is signifigant financial affidavit. Reflects he DOES NOT have the ability to pay $4k a month. Attorney told him the amount ordered was high and filing reconsideration- if that fails maybe Supreme court? Anyways is our 2 mo.old good reason for modification

1. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . This is not the place to ask such a complex question. His attorney is already working on post trial motions. Let his attorney do his job.

2. J. Richard Kulerski

1

Answered . I cannot speak for what the law is in NH, but in IL your baby would not be a factor when determining modification.