My boyfriends bond has been revoked can he get another

Asked about 3 years ago - Raleigh, NC

He went to Court on revocation due to him being arrested on new charges his bond was revoked his lawyer wasn't given notice that he needed to b n court that day so is there possibility that another bond will b given if lawyer request the new charges were brought upon him due to hearsay no actual evidence in the state of Georgia a trial takes years dont want him to have to sit for years waiting a trial what can b done????

Attorney answers (3)

  1. F. "Bill" William Powers

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . In that your boyfriend already has legal counsel, it makes sense to talk to that particular attorney. Bond revocations aren't always straightforward matters.

    A LOT depends on whether the COURT has revoked the Bond or whether the Bonding Agent has chosen to surrender someone.

    Of course, the type of original charge and new charge(s) can make a substantial difference too.

    Give the attorney a call today.

    NOTE: Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the... more
  2. Seth A. Blum

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . It sounds like your boyfriend is in jail for a fugitive warrant from Georgia. If he is in jail in Raleigh, North Carolina. He may benefit from having a lawyer in each of the two states. It is possible to have a bond set on a Fugitive case, but this is one of the rare charges for which the court is not required to set a bond. Even if a bond has been raised or struck altogether, there is no rule preventing another one from being set.

    It's not clear to me from your question where your boyfriend has a lawyer. If his lawyer is in North Carolina, you should direct you questions there. If the lawyer is in Georgia and he is not represented in North Carolina, we may be able to help with the Raleigh portion of the case. Please feel free to give us a call.

  3. Ryan Gary Short

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I agree with Seth. It sounds like your boyfriend is detained on a fugitive warrant from GA. It is important he consult with an attorney in GA and NC to determine the best course of action. Whether or not he fights extradition may have a bearing on how long he's held in NC. Again, he needs lawyers in NC and GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,821 answers this week

3,010 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,821 answers this week

3,010 attorneys answering