My boyfriend was sentenced to 90 days and I was trying to see when does that 90 days start ? When he goes in or after court ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Shreveport, LA

He went in on March 26,2012 and its now March 30,2012 , I know he can shorten his time to 45 days. But, How long do I have to wait until he is out again. We stay in Shreveport, Louisiana

1. Stephen David Hebert

Pro

1

2

Answered . In short, jail time calculation runs from when person is in jail. Yet, there several things that could ultimately reduce the amount of time that he serves. For example, a person is usually given credit for all time already served on that charge. Further, depending on the particular jail and what happens while the person is incarcerated, sometimes a person can have the time actually reduced through "good time" calculations or other programs, such as work release programs.

2. Jennifer Diem-Trang Le

Pro

1

Answered . Your boyfriend knows the exact date--the jail will inform him of his release date. If you visit him or he calls you, tell him to ask the jail staff.