Skip to main content

My boyfriend was pulled over twice by the same fl trooper. the second time he got arrested for a dui.

Clearwater, FL |

He passed the soberity test; walking, alaphabet, ie. Then he arrested him and took him to the county jail. At the jail they had him blow and he blew a 0. Yet, they still detained him. They left me on the side of the road stranded. They made him take the keys and never said one word to me. What can we do about this? Why leave me on the side of the road at night stranded?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


They could have arrested you for public intoxication - that is what they often do in cases where they arrest the driver for DWI. As far as your complaint about being left stranded, you can file a formal complaint with the internal affairs department of the police department that arrested your boyfriend.


As stated above, you should file a complaint against this officer.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.


I do not practice in FL, but I may offer some general advice. What do you mean your boyfriend was pulled over twice by the same trooper? Twce the same night? An officer needs reasonable suspicion to pull someone over. If the trooper pulled your boyfriend over twice in the same night, there may be an issue with the stop. If there is an issue with the stop, evidence may be surpressed.

Your boyfriend should consult with local, experienced DUI attorneys as soon as possible. He may find such an attorney through the National College for DUI Defense: Most initial consultations are free. So, he has nothing to lose at first.

Good luck to the both of you!

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer