My boyfriend was on parole, he is now back in jail accused of making a death threat, (lie) what is the worst case scenario? sb

Asked almost 5 years ago - San Bernardino, CA

he is being detained and the matter is gona be reviewed by the PAROLE BOARD It is a lie, what can I do?
I don't want him to go back to prison on account of a lie

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Robert Lee Marshall

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The parole board can give him up to a year for the parole violation.

    It is also a crime to threaten to kill or seriously injure another person. If he is convicted of criminal threats under Penal Code 422, he could be sentenced to as much as three years in prison, plus an additional year for his prior prison term.

    Please understand that this is a general discussion of legal principles by a California lawyer and does not create an attorney/client relationship. It's impossible to give detailed, accurate advice based on a few sentences on a website (and you shouldn't provide too much specific information about your legal matter on a public forum like Avvo, anyway). You should always seek advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who can give you an informed opinion after reviewing all of the relevant information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,090 answers this week

3,045 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,090 answers this week

3,045 attorneys answering