My boyfriend was just sentenced to serve 30 days in riverside county is it possible to get it switch to house arrest due to work

Chino Hills, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

he got 30 days for grand theft....but his employer will only hold his postion for so long and we cant afford for him to lose his job. so we were wondering about house arrest....or what are the odds on a fed kick

Apply to the sheriff. Not likely, though, in Riverside.

The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter without first directly consulting with an attorney about the particulars of your case.

Its summer time so housing is at full capacity. If he were to get fed kicked it would around this time of year.

ok I have my fingers crossed thank you

He can apply, but it's not likely to be granted. He does get 50% credit and he may get kicked a little early, so even if he doesnt' get it, it's not like he'll be out a whole month.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia