My boyfriend was just sentenced to serve 30 days in riverside county is it possible to get it switch to house arrest due to work

Asked about 1 year ago - Chino Hills, CA

he got 30 days for grand theft....but his employer will only hold his postion for so long and we cant afford for him to lose his job. so we were wondering about house arrest....or what are the odds on a fed kick

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Bart Kasperowicz

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Its summer time so housing is at full capacity. If he were to get fed kicked it would around this time of year.

  2. Michael Moshe Levin

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Apply to the sheriff. Not likely, though, in Riverside.

    The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction... more
  3. Anthony Michael Solis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He can apply, but it's not likely to be granted. He does get 50% credit and he may get kicked a little early, so even if he doesnt' get it, it's not like he'll be out a whole month.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,792 answers this week

3,128 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,792 answers this week

3,128 attorneys answering