My boyfriend was in a situation on Monday,self defense came into place. he has been in jail since Monday. nobody has heard from

Asked over 1 year ago - Belleville, MI

him. he broke the guys jaw and put him in a coma. how long could he possibly be in jail?

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Joshua Duane Jones

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If he is in jail still then most likely he has been unable to post bond. You need to determine where the incident occurred and contact the appropriate jail or court to determine what the bond amount is. Either or would have that information for you. Once you have found out the bond amount you will need to make the determination if you are able to post the required amount, which can be done in numerous ways. Without posting bond he will sit in jail until his case has been disposed of. I hope that helps answer your question.

    Josh Jones
    Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney

  2. Gary Francis Kennedy II

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What county was he in when this happened? He needs an attorney as soon as possible. He needs a good attorney who can clearly advocate for him. Many attorneys, like myself, give free consultations. Call one today.

    Kennedy Law Office, PLLC
    Free Consultations. Payment Plans available.

    Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship has been established. Please contact an attorney about your legal... more
  3. John E. Melton


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is a serious situation. He needs a lawyer ASAP. He is facing potential jail time. If you are considering hiring a lawyer I would be happy to provide a free consultation.

  4. Aaron Jeffrey Boria


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He should not be talking to anyone but his lawyer. He should be arraigned and a bond applied. Having a lawyer at that hearing could help a lot.

  5. John William Toivonen

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the other attorneys that he needs to post bond. It sounds like a very serious charge. He needs a criminal defense attorney ASAP. I handle assault cases, and I am available for a free consultation.

    Toivonen Law Office

    If you are seeking legal advice, you should contact an attorney. Neither use of the information on this page nor... more
  6. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The best thing you can do for him is to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney . The sooner one is hired, the sooner he will be out of jail and preparing for trial.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now