Skip to main content

My boyfriend was deported to mexico about a month would he be able to come back?

El Toro, CA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

We had a domestic dispute and I called the cops ..he was arrested. I spoke to the DAs office days later and he was not charged with anything and since ICE got a hold of him he was deported... is there anything that can be done?

Attorney Answers 3


He will not be able to "come back", unless you are willing to fly to Mexico, marry him there and sponsor him for a green card -all of this assuming you are a US citizen, of course. Even then you will need to spend a ton of money on "extreme harship" waivers and immigrant visas - outcome highly uncertain, especially since as newly weds having no children that grew pu in the US you will have no real "hardship" to speak of ("mere separtion is not considered hardship").

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


HE will not be able to come back on the facts presented.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree

1 comment



I am a US citizen and we have a 2 yr old son together .. dont know if that would help


Need more information. Best to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

19 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics