My boyfriend was arrested yesterday for having a firearm. he has a prior conviction in military court. (felony)

Asked 12 months ago - Atlanta, GA

what are the chances of him getting out without having to do jail time.

1. Steven P. Shewmaker

5

Answered . This is highly fact specific. Others have alrady asked some of the most obvious questions. If there is more to the story, then a bond may not occur. Still, if the facts are not too damning, a bond is probable.

He needs counsel immediately. Also, his counsel should have some familiarity with the military court conviction. That will be helpful.

My firm handles both state and military criminal matters, as most of our attorneys are former or current military (reserves). Give us a call for more information.

I hope this helps.

2. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

4

Answered . He should get a bond. How was the gun found? What is his prior conviction for? How long ago was he convicted?

3. Bernadette Camille Crucilla

4

Answered . I agree that he should get some sort of bond. Is he still on probation for his prior offense or has that all been taken care of now? Due to the prior conviction, I assume he has now been charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He needs to hire a lawyer as soon as possible who MAYBE can get him only probation. Hard to say if he will have to serve jail time.

4. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP. If the charge is a felony (convicted felon in possession of a firearm) this is a serious matter. Contact a local attorney in GA to assist you and begin the defense.