My boyfriend was arrested for delivery of meth how long will he b injail?

Eugene, OR |

He was caught w delivery 500 grams of meth hes illegal and a first offense hes been in jail since may and has sentincing mar 27 how much time could he do?

If your boyfriend is charged in federal court the mandatory minimum penalty for 50 grams of pure meth or 500 grams of a mixture containing meth is 10 years in prison. The maximum is life. If death or serious bodily injury resulted from the use of the meth the minimum is 20 years.

Wayne R. Foote, Esq.
Board Certified OUI Defense Law Specialist
by the National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
Law Offices of Wayne R. Foote, PA
344 Mt. Hope Ave
Bangor, ME 04401
(207) 990-5855
(207) 990-5858 (fax)
www.lawyersmaine.com
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." M. L. King, Jr.

DISCLAIMER- THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. CONSULT QUALIFIED LEGAL COUNSEL IN YOUR CITY OR STATE FOR IMMEDIATE LEGAL ADVICE.

I do not know, it depends on many factors in Oregon. He should ask his defense counsel, that is what his defense counsel is for.

Ultimately, it likely will matter little, because, if you meant undocumented when you said "hes illegal" then he will almost certainly be deported once he is released from incarceration. He could speak to an immigration attorney about that, but I would not get my hopes up about that aspect of his situation.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

DUI topics