My boyfriend was arrested and has an Border Patrol Hold on him. They dropped all charges but he still has the hold.

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

My boyfriend was arrested and has a border patrol hold. They dropped the charges. He has been in this country for over 10 years he is married to a U.S. citizen and has a child here and I am also a month away from delivery from our second child. He works everyday and he's boss is willing to wright a statement to that affect. He is a good man that made a mistake what can I do to try to get him out.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . ICE will try to have him deported since he is the country illegally. Upon learning that he has been here for over 10 years however, ICE might agree to have him released on his own recognizance or minimal bond, since ICE will understand he qualifies for the relief of cancellation of removal in immigration court. But they don't always play "clean" and might intimidate or otherwise pressure him to sign voluntary departure. These cases are not easy to properly prepare and cancellation relief is totally discretionary. Best to hurry and hire your BF the best immigration attorney money can buy to immediately start working on his case.

2. Thomas Joseph Baker

Answered . Contact a sacramento immigration attorney quickly. Even though he has been "released" from county custody, the ICE hold is still in place. They usually take 1-3 days to pick him up and take him to ICE's facility on Capitol. Once there he will be interrogated and fingerprinted. They will persuade him to sign for Voluntary Return. He needs to know what not to sign and what is ok to sign.

He has relief available, but steps need to be taken to ensure he can fight his case.

Thomas Baker
    Sacramento Immigration Attorney
    916-447-8975
    Http://www.wigonlaw.com

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . I see a slight problem here: "my boyfriend was arrested" and "he is married to a US citizen". Hire an attorney as soon as possible.