My boyfriend wants to apply for his permanent resident.

My boyfriend wants to apply for his permanent resident he has 10 years being in this country. He came to this country illegally the first time he got caught they send him back to his country he came the second time he was able to pass. we plan to get marry in a few months the reason is he still waiting for his passport to come. I am a us citizen what can we do to get his papers and how. Do he needs to get the green card first then the permanent resident and if he needs to leave the country and go to his. Is there anyway he can stay in the USA while his paper are in process. Any advice would be appreciated it. Thank you for your time

Bradenton, FL -

Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

Immigration Attorney - Orlando, FL

This is a very complex case. He will not be able to adjust his status without leaving the US and without multiple waivers. This is not a case you should attempt to handle on your own, because the approval rates are very, very low. Meet with an attorney to discuss your options.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Having re-entered the US after he was deported is a very bad thing for him.

Meet with an attorney.

Unfortunately, even marriage to a US citizen doesn't 'save' everyone.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Multiple issues:
1) the deportations could have resulted in a bar.
2) he cannot adjust status in the US. To immigrate, if at all possible, he will need waivers and will need to process abroad.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

Kevin D Slattery

Kevin D Slattery

Immigration Attorney - Tampa, FL

I agree with my colleagues. You should meet with an experienced immigration attorney.