My boyfriend voilated the "no alcohol" rule of his probation for dui. What can happen?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Anchorage, AK

He got a dui a few months ago and was on probation with an interlock device- he then "failed" with a BAC of 0.07 and now has a court date. I'm just wondering what usually happens when probation is violated?- it was under the legal limit but he wasn't supposed to be drinking so I'm unclear as to what will happen?

1. Lynn Gorelick

Answered . If your boyfriend was represented by an attorney on the underlying case, he should contact them as soon as possible. Depending on the original sentence, or any agreements made at the time of sentencing, there may be serious ramifications violating the court's order.
    If he was not represented, contact a local attorney well before the court date for advice about how to handle this violation.
    I would not suggest going to court without appropriate representation.