My boyfriend voilated the "no alcohol" rule of his probation for dui. What can happen?

Asked over 4 years ago - Anchorage, AK

He got a dui a few months ago and was on probation with an interlock device- he then "failed" with a BAC of 0.07 and now has a court date. I'm just wondering what usually happens when probation is violated?- it was under the legal limit but he wasn't supposed to be drinking so I'm unclear as to what will happen?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lynn Gorelick

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . If your boyfriend was represented by an attorney on the underlying case, he should contact them as soon as possible. Depending on the original sentence, or any agreements made at the time of sentencing, there may be serious ramifications violating the court's order.
    If he was not represented, contact a local attorney well before the court date for advice about how to handle this violation.
    I would not suggest going to court without appropriate representation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,847 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary