My boyfriend violated his probation with a dirty urine test and he got arrested for driving with a suspended license. What is

Asked 12 months ago - Quincy, FL

Going to happen. What is is chances in getting out and doing a drug program? He I'd on probation for 2 counts of marijuana sale. Hiw long will he be in jail

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Lori Doganiero Palmieri

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . That is going to be dependent on a number of factors specific to your boyfriend's case and criminal history. If he is on probation for a felony drug count and violates with a dirty urine and a new law violation, he might be reinstated, but also might get jail or prison time. He will be held no bond on the violation cases until resolved. It depends on the judge in this jurisdiction and on how persuasive his lawyer will be to get him back out on supervision. Good luck.

  2. Cynthia Marie Veintemillas

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no way for any of us to tell you if he is going to be released or not. The biggest factor is the judge, because he or she makes the ultimate decision. In the mean time, collect mitigating evidence such as proof of employment or school enrollment. If you have anything showing that he has been trying to get help or treatment for his drug problem, that would be good. You could also look into available drug programs that his insurance may accept. Since you are not married, you will have limited access to this information. If he is released, he should certainly try to get a valid license before his next court date. He should hire an attorney in that county to help him.

  3. Samuel Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He needs to retain a criminal lawyer quickly to see what he can do to avoid going to jail, if anything.

    The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,758 answers this week

2,725 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,758 answers this week

2,725 attorneys answering