My boyfriend left to mexico what are my options in bringing him back over?

Covina, CA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

He is illegal we have been together for about 4yrs now. He entered illegally. And was living here for 6 years

Marry him in Mexico, or apply fora fiance visa for him. See the assistance of a lawyer since there are issues that are difficult to handle without help.

What would you suggest be better the visa or marriage in mexico? How soon should i start this process

Robert West

Robert West

Both have advantages. You probably need to sit down a lawyer and see if it the right time to start. On a board here, not possible to say with the limited knowledge of your situation.

Okay I see do you think you can refer me to any lawyers that help with low income peoole?and we actually have been thinking of marriage and well if i were to put in that petition or application what are the requirements?

After being in the US for 6 years illegally and then going home, he has a 10 year bar to entry. You may apply for a waiver if you are married or if he has a qualifying US relative. You may contact me for help.

Free Consultation | 626-399-4194 | john1davidson@gmail.com | www.LosAngeles-ImmigrationAttorney.com

When I do put in that petition for him what are the possibilities of him being able to come back we do plan on marrying... Where may I contact you at..

As one colleague suggested you should marry him in Mexico, but before filing any paperwork you should consult an attorney.

Marc Taylor

Your question is too complex and case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.