Skip to main content

My boyfriend left to mexico what are my options in bringing him back over?

Covina, CA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

He is illegal we have been together for about 4yrs now. He entered illegally. And was living here for 6 years

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Marry him in Mexico, or apply fora fiance visa for him. See the assistance of a lawyer since there are issues that are difficult to handle without help.

  2. After being in the US for 6 years illegally and then going home, he has a 10 year bar to entry. You may apply for a waiver if you are married or if he has a qualifying US relative. You may contact me for help.

    Free Consultation | 626-399-4194 | |

  3. As one colleague suggested you should marry him in Mexico, but before filing any paperwork you should consult an attorney.

    Good luck.

    Marc Taylor

  4. Your question is too complex and case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

    You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics