Skip to main content

My boyfriend is on supervision or probation in one county and got arrested in another. Can he still get in trouble?

Chicago, IL |

The reason I am asking is because he lives with me and my family but we don't want him here anymore because he smokes weed and treats me wrong, and every time try kicking him out he does something bad, for example he messed up our car but I didn't have any proof he did it so I could not call the police, if I kick him out he will probably do something and I fear my safety . So I wanted to call his po and inform that he had been arrested. Can I do that or is that against the law?

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, he can get in trouble. There is no law preventing you from telling his probation officer.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Get an Order of Protection to get him out of your home. If he has violated his supervision let the Adult Probation services people where he is being supervised of the violation. You will not be in trouble for reporting him. As I am often in Court call my assistant Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should not be broadcast over the Internet.

This is a general answer and does not address the specifics of your individual case. To give the specific answer you need our firm needs you to come in for a consultation.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Report him to his PO and get an Order of Protection. You can do both without the help of an attorney but you may need an attorney later for the Order of Protection plenary hearing.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics