My boyfriend is not a registered sex offender. but has a criminal offense and no association w minors.

Asked over 2 years ago - New Philadelphia, OH

i have children of my own and so does he. we lived as a family before his conviction and my children have nothing to do w his offense. the charge was contributing to the delinquency of a minor. is there any way around this

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David Scott Bartos


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . More information is needed. Get around what? Is someone saying he can not live with you? Is the Father threatening you to notify someone?

  2. Alec Scott Rose

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Although your question does not explain this, I assume this is your boyfriend's probation order. If so, he should speak to his lawyer from that case (or another experienced local criminal defense attorney) about whether he can make a motion to modify his probation terms. If the court grants a modification permitting him to reside with his children and yours, there will be no problem. Otherwise, he must strictly obey his probation orders, or he could receive more punishment.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,725 answers this week

2,353 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,725 answers this week

2,353 attorneys answering