My boyfriend is in jail for the first time with the charges of pc182 and second degree robbery.

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

Previously, his older brother who looks a lot like him committed a crime and blamed him for it, luckily he beat the case due to the video of where the crime was taken. They're trying to accuse him of pc209, Though, he did not kidnap anyone and his brother is the reason why he's getting charged with it due to mistaken identity. How do we beat this case if he is innocent?? And about how much time will he do in jail? He has a clean background (never been to jail before) ALSO, they're accusing him of being affiliated with a gang...

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . It is obvious that he is facing serious charges and he needs representation. The most important thing is to involve an attorney as soon as possible. It takes time to prepare for charges that he is facing, specially since they are bringing gang affiliation and that means they can enhance his sentence. Get an attorney asap.

  2. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This type of question is best answered in a one-on-one consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Many Avvo criminal defense lawyers offer free consultations. I would take somebody up on it and get your questions answered with a true understanding of the facts, rather than as a hypothetical question posted on a public forum where there isn't enough information provided to form a real opinion.

    Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The... more
  3. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your boyfriend is charged with serious offenses. You should not post facts associated with such serious charges on a public website and seek a consultation with a criminal defense attorney ASAP. Mistaken identity is definitely a defense to most criminal charges. In regards to potential sentence, if he is convicted of serious felonies, he is looking at several years in the state prison. Contact attorneys in your area for a free consultation. You can also call our East Bay office at 510 887-5910!

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,525 answers this week

3,699 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,525 answers this week

3,699 attorneys answering