My boyfriend is currently in jail for ASSAULT 4 - DV and a felony for harassment. how long can they keep him? its been a month.

Asked over 2 years ago - Bremerton, WA

apparently, they were going to let him out on august 10th with 2 misdemeanors but now his lawyer says that the statement made my his ex made his case look worse. she came to his house. mouthed off to him aggresively then he kicked her after she got in his face. he had threatened to slit her throat and burn the house down. he came to my house later and then was arrested the following morning. he went without any diffuculty. how long can they legally keep him? and what is the minumum and maximum charge for this crime?

he also has a warrant in pierce county but that was because they wouldn't transfer his work crew. it was for a dui. other than that he has no other records.

1. Stan Glisson

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . There is no legal limit to how long he can be held awaiting trial, depending on why the court dates move. The standard sentence range for felony harassment, with no history, is between 1 and 3 months of jail. Misdemeanor cases can carry more or less than that, depending on the facts and the judge. All of this changes if he has prior felony history.

2. James Regan

Pro

3

Answered . Your boyfriend should retain private counsel in your area.

3. Ronald S. Pichlik

2

Answered . He needs an attorney to assist him in these matters. For someone to be held a month is not unusual at all. In fact, many persons are held for upwards to six months or longer before being brought to trial.