Skip to main content

My boyfriend has been paying the same amount of child support over 10 years. The boy is 15 ....should nt that change?

Cushing, ME |

The amount of child support for over 10 years and also now has another child. The boy is now 15. It is to the point he may lose his home he cannot afford 170 a week. Does he have a good arguement for reduction in court? How should he go about changing this?

Attorney Answers 2


He can file for a modification if he is now supporting another child as well.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

Mark as helpful


Of course, the flip side is the mother can file for an increase in support based on inflation, changed circumstances, etc.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics