My boyfriend has been charged with 2 counts of robbery 2 counts of criminal action and resisting arrest what may happn?

Saint Louis, MO |

he was already on probation for 3years and now they may put out an probation hold ..what d I expect to happn?he has an public defender but I don't think they help much...the robbery was 1st degre

we have our first baby on feb 20 I need him to be there with me an he wants to can some body please help we don't have lots of money I have 500$ to start with its just me to get him out he all I have and I don't think a public denfender will get the job done please help us

Life consecutive to Life consecutive to Life consecutive to four years in the Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC). Life is calculated at 30 years. Robbery First carries an 85% mandatory minimum sentence before parole eligibility. Armed Criminal Action carries a three year mandatory minimum before parole eligibility. Therefore, your boyfriend, if maxed, could receive 124 years in the MDOC. The controlling sentences would be from the two counts of Robbery First. He would be eligible for parole after serving 85% of the sentences imposed on the two counts of Robbery First. Further, the probation could end up being an additional sentence. Some of the best attorneys I know are public attorneys. Do not knock them just because they have the title of P.D. Only knock them if they are not returning your boyfriend's calls, explaining the charges to your boyfriend, explaining the evidence to your boyfriend, etc.

Matthew D. Fry Rosenblum, Schwartz, Rogers & Glass, P.C. (314) 862-4332 mfry@rsrglaw.com Please feel free to contact me with any questions. The legal information provided is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney. In no way does the information establish an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with Mr. Fry. Have faith in the Public Defender System, as those attorneys become experts in that specific jurisdiction, working with those specific Judges and Prosecutors on a daily basis. However, and more importantly, your boyfriend needs to talk to his Public Defender about the maximum sentence possible in his case because, while attorneys on this online forum can tell you the statutory sentence for the charges generally, other factors specific to your boyfriend's case and criminal history may actually enhance that penalty and change that maximum. So long as your boyfriend is forthcoming with his attorney, his attorney should know those specific facts and factors and can better answer that question. Remember, any answers on this public forum should not be taken as legal advice for that specific reason and you should not share those case-specific facts on here.

If you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact my office by phone - 636.390.0070 - or by email - info@wardhollingshead.com. We represent clients throughout Missouri and Illinois in criminal, DWI, accident and injury, employment discrimination, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case must be judged on its own merits. Additionally, as provided by Avvo.com, remember that information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.

He will likely go to prison. Sounds like he will get revoked. If found guilty on the new charges, he's looking at a long term.