Skip to main content

My boyfriend has been arrested for Trespassing.... He also has a immigration warrant: Severity F What does the F stand for?

Bronx, NY |

He has been in custody for 4 days, next court appearance is a week away.... His bail/bond is $500, but if paid he would not be released, but turned over to immigration, what can he do, he is an illegal immigrant.....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In addition to Messrs. Rothstein and Abbott, I would have to say that he may have a problem if he has no immediate family who are U.S. citizens or legal residents for whom he may claim a basis for relief before an Immigration Judge. But one thing for sure, he must insist, if he has been here for more than 2 years, that he be held over for proceedings rather than allow them to remove him. He may also be eligible for DACA-deferred action relief, too. But get him a lawyer, and fast!

All answers to immigration questions should not be taken as legally binding advice. If you have an immigration issue, please call me at Pacifica Legal Services 805-290-4930 and make an appointment for an initial 30 minute consultation. Additional time is billed at $100.00 per 30 minute increments. Todas las respuestas a las preguntas de inmigración no deben tomarse como asesoramiento legal. Si usted tiene un problema de inmigración, por favor llámeme al Pacifica Legal Services 805-290-4930 y hacer una cita para una consulta inicial de 30 minutos. El tiempo adicional se factura a $ 100.00 por incrementos de 30 minutos.

C. C. Abbott

C. C. Abbott


I agree with Attorney Fernandez.


It means there is an immigration detainer and he might be turned over to immigration when the trespass case is over for deportation proceedings.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.



Thank you



I really hope he doesn't get deported, but unfortunately i am aware that it is a big possibility


Severity F is the ICE classification score of severity of custody. Its based on the ICE Detention Standard set under its Detainee Classification System (DCS). He needs to contact an experienced immigration attorney for a complete review of his case and assist him as ICE will take him once the criminal bond is paid. Thus he will be "released" from the criminal custody into ICE custody. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer