My boyfriend has a immigration hold on him. I.C.E told him that there is a 80% chance that he will be Deported and sent back to

Chicago, IL |

Mexico.. We dont have the money to get him a lawyer, But we want to know is it possible for him to recieve a bond while he is waiting to go to court. He just wants to spend time with our Children before he is deported.. is this possible without him having a lawyer?

There is not enough information to evaluate specifics of this case. Motions for a bond can be done pro se, but attorney knows procedure and could be convincing.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

You've left a lot of key information out, such as why he has an ice hold to begin with, how long he's been in the us, etc.

You say you don't have money for a lawyer, but I strongly encourage you to come up with money to at least consult with an attorney to explore your options. Ice will not identify what forms of relief might be available to him (such as cancellation if he's been here for 10 years and is otherwise eligible).

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

He has been in the US for 14 years, and has never been in any type of run in's with the law until July 29 2012. He has 2 hunting rifles in his car and he was pulled over. He's had steady employment ect. I spoke with a attorney and I could afford 5000 dollars to pay him. He just wants to see if he can get a immigration bond so that he can possibly get out and spend some time with his children before he is deported.'

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

I'm sure you pose this question to the attorney? I have no way of advising you as much more information is needed.

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

Also, why wouldn't he want to fight his deportation or at least ask for voluntary departure? I'm not sure you fully understand the true consequences of a deportation order.

I dont know anything about the deportation process. I have been looking on the internet trying to get as much information as i can. But I tell him to ask for Voluntary Departure. I really dont know what to do

*did*

Good to know ICE is only 80% sure of their case. I find that ironic. Any person in removal proceedings may ask for a bond. As well, all persons in removal proceedings must be given a list of free and low cost legal representatives that practice deportation law in that court. You may want to scrape together whatever you can retain a lawyer on your own. There are many attorneys in Chicago and across the country that will take payment plans to help people and keep families together.

While illegal possession of a gun is serious, he might have the possibility of applying for cancellation of removal if he has been here for that long. Lot more info is needed. He should be able to get a bond as well.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

If he is ordered deported, he will not be released on bond to spend time with his children. If you contest deportation, he may be eligible for a bond.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.