Skip to main content

My boyfriend has a dual citizenship, german and filipino. He has passport on both. He wants to visit US. does he need a visa?

Los Angeles, CA |

He has an aunt in CA, a US citizen. The aunt will sponsor him. What would be the process? If he needs a visa, what type wud it be? Can he work in CA? Can he also travel to canada? Thank you

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Depends on what passport he will use.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. German citizens can visit the US on their passport.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  3. cannot work in the US as a visitor. German nationals can come in on a visa waiver. Philippine nationals need a tourist visa to enter for a visit.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  4. He can come for 90 days without visa using his German passport. He will not be authorized to work.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics