My boyfriend has a court date today for his child support. when he went on line to see how much it was he saw there was a warren

Asked almost 2 years ago - Du Bois, PA

He saw there was a warrant for him due to a no show at a different county. He has never received any information on a court date for this. If he gos to jail today, he will not be able to go to work, he will not be able to go to his National Gard days and he is taking classes on line for school. He will not be able to pay for his bills. What do we do? Please help

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Randi Joy Silverman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He needs to call the Domestic Relations Office in the county where the warrant was issued immediately to inform them that he did not receive any notice of the support proceedings in that county until he looked on-line. He should also tell them that he has a conference today and that he will straighten it out with the conference officer. If he has an attorney, he/she can make that call for him.

    My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute... more
  2. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with attorney Silverman. I would add that he should not skip this present hearing or another warrant could issue. The first one might be remedied with a lack of notice defense, skipping another one will only frustrate his efforts to clear the first one. If the outstanding warrant becomes an issue in this hearing, address it with this judge

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more

Related Topics

Child support

Child support is a payment made from one parent to another parent (usually from non-custodial to custodial), to help ensure the child's financial needs are met.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,077 answers this week

3,622 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,077 answers this week

3,622 attorneys answering