My boyfriend got arrested on drug charges, please help? I don't know what to do.

Scranton, PA |

Police officers came to my house, rang my doorbell, took my boyfriend outside and arrested him. They then told us they had a warrant which was never shown and told us he was under arrest. They did not find any pieces, but they did find his marijuana. I don't know what to do. My boyfriend and I have a child together, who lives in the house. I also live with my parents, and my younger brother who's 14 lives here. What are my next steps. What do I do? Please help me. How can I make this situation better? He's been arrested a few times before, but never on drug possession.

1. The simple answer is to search around this website to find experienced criminal defense attorneys in your area and hire one.

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

2. They do not have to show you the warrant at the scene. They generally don't carry it with them. The most you can do for him is get him a lawyer. It is the best way to preserve his rights and improve his outcome. Look on this site for one in your area. Good luck!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

3. First step - leave this guy. His actions are placing you, your client, your brother and partners as well as their home in jeopardy! This guys' self-centered actions of illegal activity could impact you. You must not let him in your home if he is using, dealing or possessing illegal drugs. You should tell him to retain an attorney, and if he cannot afford one apply for a public defender.