My boyfriend got arrested on drug charges, please help? I don't know what to do.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Scranton, PA

Police officers came to my house, rang my doorbell, took my boyfriend outside and arrested him. They then told us they had a warrant which was never shown and told us he was under arrest. They did not find any pieces, but they did find his marijuana. I don't know what to do. My boyfriend and I have a child together, who lives in the house. I also live with my parents, and my younger brother who's 14 lives here. What are my next steps. What do I do? Please help me. How can I make this situation better? He's been arrested a few times before, but never on drug possession.

1. Jason Kutulakis

3

Answered . First step - leave this guy. His actions are placing you, your client, your brother and partners as well as their home in jeopardy! This guys' self-centered actions of illegal activity could impact you. You must not let him in your home if he is using, dealing or possessing illegal drugs. You should tell him to retain an attorney, and if he cannot afford one apply for a public defender.

2. Edward Jacob Sternisha

Pro

3

Answered . They do not have to show you the warrant at the scene. They generally don't carry it with them. The most you can do for him is get him a lawyer. It is the best way to preserve his rights and improve his outcome. Look on this site for one in your area. Good luck!

3. John Lawrence Buckley

2

Answered . The simple answer is to search around this website to find experienced criminal defense attorneys in your area and hire one.