My boyfriend forced me to leave his house without notice, how can I get my things back?

Asked about 2 years ago - Tucson, AZ

He moved all my belongings to his house . We had made future plans regarding finances,and accomodations. Without any warning, he left one morning and his family showed up and told me to get out within 2 hours. I was forced to leave with just my clothing and some personal items. He has my furniture, computers, sewing machine, laptop, jewelry and my walker along with my ventilator (a rental). How can I get my stuff back?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Steven Roger Rensch


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Make written demand that they make your property available for you to retake. If they withhold in the face of that demand, I believe you will have a claim against them for conversion (roughly speaking, the civil form of theft).

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now