My boyfriend came to the US from Africa on a student Visa that expired in 2008 and is now 33. Would he be eligible for amnesty?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oswego, IL

I believe he was over 21 when he came to the US. We are also considering getting married, would he be able to get a marriage license with an expired visa?

1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

2

Answered . You must be referring to the deferred action program because there is no amnesty. No, your boyfriend would not be eligible.

Yes he can get a marriage license and you should talk to a lawyer about applying for him based on this marriage if you are a US citizen.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . If you are referring to DACA, then he is not eligible as he entered after the age of 16.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . I agree.