My bother just has permanent resident he did finger print at airport he get social number but thew ask him again fingerprint why

Asked 6 months ago - New York, NY

my brother just entered usa as lawful permanet resident and he has 19 years

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . I wouldn't worry about it. It is all for your brother's benefit, to assure that he will in fact receive his green card in the mail, which cannot happen if his fingerprints were not "captured" adequately the first time, or if CBP at the airport failed to communicate to the USCIS that his biometrics were in fact taken upon his arrival at the airport. Just follow USCIS' instructions to ensure brother will receive his green card soon.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

1

Answered . The CBP could inquire certain things based on their confidential findings, personal observations and other criteria that warrant further such inquiry.

3. C. C. Abbott

1

1

Answered . The request for biometrics can be done based on the fact the earlier ones did not capture a good set for preservation or it could mean they need further investigation. It can be a common event especially absed on the agency interrelationship and the period when it was requested.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    Alexander M. Ivakhnenko, Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL
    Posted 6 months ago.

I would say

No photo
    Posted 6 months ago.

witch investigation that they need to do if already done it from beginning by providing police certificate twice time one one the beginning and an other one the consulat and also i did not understand the last sentence thank you very much

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    Posted 6 months ago.

speculative

4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

1

Answered . Who knows. Possibly the previous fingerprinting info was not communicated to the parallel instance. Possibly they want to double-check something. Possibly they are just trying to be difficult. It would be a matter of speculation at best.

5. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

Answered . Perhaps the prints were not clear or not complete. Without more information, it is not possible to elaborate on an opinion.