My boss sexually harassed me and now I filed a suit against but I can't afford an attorney what should I do

Sexual harassment,hostile work environment

New York, NY -

Eric Sanders

Eric Sanders

Discrimination Lawyer - New York, NY

You should consult with an attorney anyway. You have to ensure to protect all of your rights under federal, state and local laws.

Arthur H. Forman

Arthur H. Forman

Employment / Labor Attorney - Flushing, NY

The NYC Commission on Human Rights and the NYS Division of Human Rights are better choices than going to court for those without a lawyer.

Denise Kingue-Bonnaig

Denise Kingue-Bonnaig

Employment / Labor Attorney - New York, NY

If you filed your suit without an attorney being involved, most likely, the complaint needs to be amended so that your claims are properly stated, and you only list allegations that you have evidence to support.
Don’t let money (or lack thereof) stand in the way of getting quality representation.
Schedule a consultation with an experienced employment lawyer, ASAP, because ideally, your complaint would be amended before the employer/boss file an Answer.

-Denise K. Bonnaig

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Sexual Harassment Attorney - Austin, TX

Without more information it is not possible to give an opinion about this. The best advice would be to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Many attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. In contingency fee arrangements, there are no hourly fees. In some states attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case but in others there is a reasonable fee charged to compensate the attorney for their time and advice. As Abraham Lincoln said "a lawyer's stock in trade is his time." I would suggest that you begin your search for an attorney on this Avvo website. Good luck!