My boss says it is illegal for me to masturbate in my cubicle. No one else can see. Is he lying

Louisville, KY |

He is correct and you most probably need to seek psychological counseling, whether this inquiry is legitimate or not.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

It probably is illegal; even if it isn't, it would probably be a legitimate reason for termination. Rather than worrying whether or not your boss is lying, you should be more concerned about your actions. Some counseling would probably help you and be in your best interests.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

Although this is not an immigration question, it is clear that such action is a violation of law. If this question is being asked as a prank or goof, then please direct somewhere else. Either way, you need help ASAP.

Surely you jest. If you have to ask, then there is a real problem.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis.

i am being serious i do it when no one is there at the end of the day i told a coworker though and he told my boss

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Anything sexual should be done in the privacy of your home. Counseling may help you address this situation. Not uncommon for sex addiction syndrome. Talk to a therapist my friend. Good luck!

I go to Sex Addicts Anonymous meetings already

This is a basis to terminate your employment. Depending on all the facts, this could be illegal:

§ 510.150. Indecent exposure in the second degree

(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the second degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person eighteen (18) years of age or older.
(2) Indecent exposure in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor.
Cite as KRS 510.150

History. Effective: July 13, 2004
Amended 2004, Ky. Acts ch. 190, sec. 2, effective July 13, 2004. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 95, effective January 1, 1975.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Doesn't someone else have to see it and not just hear about it?

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Your admission to a co-worker can be used against you IF you are prosecuted for a criminal offense.