My boss is cutting my hours as retaliation and trying to get me to quit amoungst other things, what can i do??

Asked over 4 years ago - Tucson, AZ

After a meeting with the supervisor and me explaining to her how i felt my boss cutt my hours considerbly while all other employees got plenty. He gave me a bad review soley because i ask co-workers what they did on there shift so i know what to do on mine, and giving me a non sense write up havent had a write in the two years of working there aand i get one now because he locks the bathroom doors and i follow the rules by not permitting anyone to use them after a certain time. anything i can do??

1. Michael S. Haber

Pro

Answered . I am a New York attorney and cannot advise you on Arizona law, but I can provide comments that you may find helpful. In the absence of an employment agreement or a collective bargaining agreement and in the absence of unlawful discrimination, there are few restraints on an employer's actions. It sounds to me as though the difficulties you are having at work may more likely arise from problems as to communications than anything else, in which case you would probably be best advised by you seeking guidance as to what is expected of you in various undertakings at work, rather than a discussion with your supervisor concerning how you "felt."

If you have more information, or additional facts to add to what you already wrote, you may wish to consult a local attorney. Otherwise, it does not sound as though there are any available remedies.

Best of luck to you.

2. Michael S. Haber

Pro

Best of luck to you.