My birth certificate doesn't show my mother's full name as it appears in her passport, what should i do? I have filled I_130

Richmond, TX |

on my birth certificate it has my mother name and her middle name but her passport has her name, middle name and last name. Can it cause a problem for her immigration process or will they understand that some countries use middle name as last name.
I have filled the I-130 as it appear in her passport.

Don't worry, that can easily be explained at a lager stage, during the immigrant visa processing stage with the National Visa Center and the US consulate abroad.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You are ok.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You may have to provide an explanation at some point in the process.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)