My bf and I were in a car crash. Can we sue the person who crashed us?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

My bf was driving and he has no drivers license because he is not from the USA . There were police officers who witnessed the crash . We were on our way to the hospital because we were informed that a mutual friend of ours had slipped into a comma . The crash was the other drivers fault . We were going fine . ( It was a green light ) . My mom had just sold him the car . Not even a month . He's not even done paying it . It's under her name and under her insurance . Can we sue and would we have a chance to win ? Also , we didn't ask for an ambulance but I'm feeling the effects of the crash now . Could I get therapy ?

1. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

14

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney and dont post any additional facts here. The bottom line is YES you can make an insurance claim against the other driver and if you are unable to resolve the matter amicably you can file a lawsuit. You many other complicating factors that will best be addressed through an attorney.

2. Malosack Berjis

13

Answered . The short answer is yes, very likely. However, you need to contact a local personal injury attorney ASAP.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

14

Answered . Speak with a personal ionjury attorney right away to protect your rights. Your boyfriend's involvement may come at a price as his involvement in a lawsuit could bring some scrutiny that coulr have negatie results. Make sure you disclose the fact of the immigration status to any attorney with whom you speak.

Best of luck.

Pro

12

Answered . Yes. Retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate.

5. David B Pittman

Pro

11

Answered . If the other driver is at fault, then yes you can make a claim against their insurance company. I would advise speaking to a personal injury before speaking to any insurance company. Get medical attention as soon as possible.Good luck!

6. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

9

Answered . When someone is injured in a motor vehicle accident (especially a "rear ender" which means liability is pretty much a given... And it is not the one who gets rear ended), he or she should get immediate medical attention. Then, hire a personal injury attorney.

Wen someone is injured, he or she should only be concerned with getting better, attending doctor visits, attending physical therapy, etc. The lawyer will handle the rest... Figuring out who to sue, whether insurance covers the accident, whose insurance should cover, etc.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

7. Pajman Jassim

Pro

8

Answered . If you are injured, or have property damages, you have a claim. You should contact an attorney ASAP.

8. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . Contact and consult with a personal injury attorney in the Los Angeles area. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab.

9. Robert Steven Walch

7

Answered . You can feel free to call our office for assistance - 1.866.465.8792

10. Andrew Robert Steiker

7

Answered . I suggest that you contact a personal injury attorney immediately. There are a lot of factors here that could influence how things turn out, and a good personal injury attorney should be able to sort through these factors and give you advice as to what to do now. I can tell you that not having an ambulance come out in no way effects your right to medical treatment/therapy. Many times the muscle pain doesn't even begin until a day or two after the actual accident.

11. Stephen Patrick Rapp

Pro

8

Answered . Know and protect your legal rights if injured...contact a local lawyer for help.

12. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

6

Answered . Yes, you can but you should get a PI attorney to help you. Best of luck.

One or more answers have been taken down.