My bf aided me in stealing clothes but initially, i walked out with the stolen property. they didnt catch him.can he be charged?

i tried to steal $80 worth of clothes from Macys in Santa Barbara, CA. I was caught at the door, my bf got away. All he did was put clothes into my bag, and i walked out. can he still be charged? he already has about 3 or 4 misdemeanors http://www.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offenderreport.do?method=runreport&offenderID=1320763&obscure=&pictureSequence=&summary=N. will he be going to prison if caught? and about how long will his sentence be?

1. This is a public web site and you should not put incriminating information as law enforcement has access to this site too. Consult with an attorney privately regarding your case.

2. Before your post, I would say that there was virtually no chance he'd be charged unless you gave up his name. I'm not sure whether Avvo gives you an opportunity to delete your own questions, but you definitely don't want to put this type of information out there.

As for your case, $80 is a low amount, but just outside the $50 cutoff for an infraction. I would recommend hiring an attorney who can try to get you an infraction or fight the case.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t: 323.803.4352 | f: 323.617.3838
    www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Sunset Law Building | 1295 W Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA | 90027

3. He may be charged if he goes around wearing any of the clothes you stole for yourself and he forgets to remove the store tag.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

4. Why are you posting this? This statement inculpates him. LAW OFFICES OF VICTORIA CLEMANS.

This is a general statement regarding law and facts and should not be construed as an attorney-client relationship or a solicitation for same.