My bf aided me in stealing clothes but initially, i walked out with the stolen property. they didnt catch him.can he be charged?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i tried to steal $80 worth of clothes from Macys in Santa Barbara, CA. I was caught at the door, my bf got away. All he did was put clothes into my bag, and i walked out. can he still be charged? he already has about 3 or 4 misdemeanors http://www.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offenderreport.d.... will he be going to prison if caught? and about how long will his sentence be?

1. Sholeh Iravantchi

8

Answered . This is a public web site and you should not put incriminating information as law enforcement has access to this site too. Consult with an attorney privately regarding your case.

2. Nicholas Milan Loncar

8

Answered . Before your post, I would say that there was virtually no chance he'd be charged unless you gave up his name. I'm not sure whether Avvo gives you an opportunity to delete your own questions, but you definitely don't want to put this type of information out there.

As for your case, $80 is a low amount, but just outside the $50 cutoff for an infraction. I would recommend hiring an attorney who can try to get you an infraction or fight the case.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t: 323.803.4352 | f: 323.617.3838
    www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Sunset Law Building | 1295 W Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA | 90027

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

5

Answered . He may be charged if he goes around wearing any of the clothes you stole for yourself and he forgets to remove the store tag.

4. Victoria L Clemans

Pro

Answered . Why are you posting this? This statement inculpates him. LAW OFFICES OF VICTORIA CLEMANS.